Incentive plan for the employment of the unemployed
The incentive plan for the employment of the unemployed came into force on 23 October. The Plan aims to tackle unemployment by providing incentives to employers to hire unemployed people. The incentives are to subsidize part of the salary cost of the person to be hired. The Plan provides employment of the unemployed for ten (10) months with an obligation of the employer for additional employment of the employee for two (2) months without a grant. The Management Body of the Plan is the Ministry of Labor, Welfare and Social Insurance.
In particular, the plan aims to provide employment for jobseekers and economically inactive people, including the long-term unemployed and those who have long been cut off from the labor market.
According to the current Decree, the monthly starting salary for full-time employment amounts to € 870 and after 6 months to € 924. Based on the cost unit the maximum possible grant for the period (12 months) amounts to € 8,600.00
All Employers / Companies have the Right and Conditions to join the Plan provided that:
- They are registered in the Social Insurance Register as employers
- Maximum number of people that can be hired should not exceed five (5) people.
- Hiring the person through the Plan represents a net increase in the number of employees in the company who hold a position in the same profession as the person being hired.
- They will hire unemployed people registered with the Public Employment Service (PES) up to one day before the date of their employment.
- Hiring and starting employment must be done before submitting the application for participation in the Plan. The date of recruitment / start of employment must precede the date of submission of the application for participation. Applications submitted on the same date as the recruitment date will not be accepted.
- He had not worked for the specific employer during the eight months prior to the date of his employment in the Plan. Previous employment is also considered employment in other companies that have a common shareholder and / or joint stock companies that belong to the same final beneficiary as the employer applicant.
- The Plan may not employ persons for whom the employer has been subsidized in the past, persons who are Shareholders and / or Company Managers, persons who are spouses or have a first or second degree kinship
- The person hired through the Plan must fill a vacancy notified by the Employer to the Public Employment Service (PES) before submitting the application for participation in the Plan.
- The application form must be submitted within one month from the date of recruitment.
- The beneficiary should be able to prove that his company is engaged in an economic activity.
- Businesses will not be able to lay off employees for financial reasons during the above period
More about incentive schemes can be found on the website of the Ministry of Labor, Welfare and Social Security
Πώς μπορούμε να βοηθήσουμε
Παρακαλώ επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας για να μοιραστείτε οποιεσδήποτε ερωτήσεις έχετε σχετικά με το παραπάνω θέμα
Tel. No.:+357 22 340000
Email: [email protected]
Σημαντική σημείωση: Ο συγγραφέας αποποιείται ρητά κάθε ευθύνη έναντι οποιουδήποτε ατόμου, οντότητας ή εταιρείας που ενεργεί ή δεν ενεργεί ως συνέπεια οποιασδήποτε εξάρτησης από το σύνολο ή μέρος του περιεχομένου αυτής της δημοσίευσης.
Συνεπώς, κανένα άτομο, οντότητα ή εταιρεία δεν πρέπει να ενεργεί ή να βασίζεται σε οποιοδήποτε θέμα ή πληροφορίες όπως περιέχεται ή υπονοείται σε αυτήν τη δημοσίευση χωρίς να λάβει πρώτα συμβουλές από κατάλληλα καταρτισμένο επαγγελματία ή εταιρεία συμβούλων.