Cyprus: For persons wishing to transfer their tax residence to Cyprus
An individual can become a tax resident of Cyprus and transfer his tax residence to Cyprus in order to enjoy the tax advantages offered by Cyprus:
1) As long as he stays in Cyprus for more than 183 days in a tax year
2) As long as he is considered a “60-day” tax resident of Cyprus. To be considered a tax resident of Cyprus under the 60 days rule an individual must not be considered a tax resident in any other state and
- Should not have resided in any other country for a period exceeding 183 days and is not considered a tax resident by any other state
- He must remain in Cyprus for 60 days, in the relevant tax year and
- Carry out any business/activity in Cyprus and/or be employed in Cyprus and/or hold a position (e.g. director) with a person who has his tax residence in Cyprus at any time during the relevant tax year
- He must maintain during the tax year a permanent residence in Cyprus, which is either owned or rented.
A natural person who cumulatively meets the above conditions is not considered a resident of Cyprus in the relevant tax year if in that year he terminates any activity/business and/or any office (e.g. manager)
How Can We Help
Please contact us to share any questions you have about the above topic
Tel. +357 22 340000
Email: [email protected]
The authors expressly disclaim all and any liability and responsibility to any person, entity, or corporation who acts or fails to act as a consequence of any reliance upon the whole or any part of the contents of this publication.
Accordingly, no person, entity, or corporation should act or rely upon any matter or information as contained or implied within this publication without first obtaining advice from an appropriately qualified professional person or firm of advisors, and ensuring that such advice specifically relates to their particular circumstances.